- Working for an ambitious multi-disciplined engineering & industrial services company
- An opportunity to directly contribute to and affect organisational success
- Fast paced hands on environment with genuine role ownership
Our client is a well-established high performing Australian owned business that provides custom built engineering solutions for the mining, mineral processing, oil and gas, energy and primary industries, across Australia. They have an unwavering approach to rolling up their sleeves and working together as a team.
This company boasts a comprehensive list of internal capabilities that cover the full project lifecycle; from engineering and design, fabrication, procurement, installation, construction, commissioning and on-site maintenance. By joining our client’s team, doors to significant career progression will be open to you.
Due to continued growth and success, our client is seeking to engage with an experienced Procurement Lead / Advisor to join their team.
This is a great opportunity for you as an experienced Procurement Lead / Advisor to work in collaboration with the General Manager to ensure the ongoing smooth delivery of their supply chain, as well as showcase your valuable expertise, capabilities and experiences across some of the following key activities:
- Manage all purchasing functions including direct order, stock orders, supply agreement orders and supplier selection
- Work closely with project teams to source product information and ensure procurement is ahead of schedule
- Obtain competitive prices and delivery terms for requirements of materials, spares, equipment and services
- Maintain effective relationships with suppliers and accurately maintain the in-house vendor rating system to evaluate suppliers
- Creating new suppliers in the in-house system and carrying out credit applications in line with Company supply policies and procedures
- Investigate and recommend alternate sources of supply if/when required
- Work collaboratively with key stakeholders to implement improvements, drive procurement processes / automation, identify opportunities for continuous development and undertake effectual reporting that supports better business decision-making
You will have significant experience in a similar role within SMPE&I Construction or Oil & Gas industry and/or previous experience in Quality Assurance and Control. You will possess advanced skills in MS Office Suite and have well-developed computer skills.
As an adaptive team member, you will be highly organised with excellent time management abilities, exceptional communication skills, be commercially astute, possess high attention to detail with strong analytical and problem-solving skills. You will be a relationship builder with strong influencing capabilities, that can be utilised to develop productive relationships with all stakeholders.
In return, a competitive remuneration is on offer, working in a peaceful West Perth location with a high performing team and ambitious Company.
Magnetic People and our clients understand and are committed to creating diverse teams, we strongly encourage Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply.