Website Hannah's House
The Children’s Hospice Association Inc. (CHA) is a registered not-for-profit organisation trading by the name Hannah’s House. Hannah’s House exists to enhance quality of life for children with life-limiting conditions.
Hannah’s House vision is to provide care, comfort and joy for every child with a life-limiting condition and their family.
We are seeking the support and expertise of a voluntary Treasurer who can support the organisation through ongoing growth and development.
The Treasurer will provide oversight of the financial operations of Hannah’s House with tasks to including but not limited to:
- Regularly analyse the financial information and alert the Board of financial concerns;
- Attend monthly meetings of the Board and attend/chair meetings as part of a finance sub-committee;
- Actively participate in the preparation of the annual budget;
- Oversee investments and cash management,
- Prepare financial modelling to offer recommendations to the Board regarding strategic investments;
- Liaise with the Auditor, Australian Taxation Office and other Government agencies as required;
- Provide timely financial information to allow the preparation of returns and reports for the ATO, ACNC, Department of Commerce and any other relevant governing bodies and;
- Perform any other financial duties as required by the constitution or the Board.
Is this the opportunity for you?
We are looking for a candidate who is passionate about the things Hannah’s House cares about. We value integrity, determination, collaboration, caring and kindness and we are looking for someone who shares in our values.
The ideal person will be someone who has six to eight hours per month to dedicate to the organisation. The successful candidate will be a Chartered Accountant or similar with sound experience in short to medium term forecasting and financial modelling.
You will be required to have a current National Police Clearance as well as a current Working with Children Check. The successful candidate must not have any current or pending convictions relating to fraud and must not be disqualified as a board member under corporations law.
This is an honorary role.
Please email your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like any more information about the position, please call 0430 444 964.