Website Mining Industry - Exploration
Our client is an advanced Australian Gold Explorer, who have tenements in the Pilbara with arguably some of the most exciting gold discoveries recently. The company is undertaking major drilling programs, with a strategic growth strategy to increase current gold resources, extend known deposits and make large new discoveries. The key values of the company are Safety, People, Environment and Governance.
We are seeking to engage with a passionate, honest and organised Document Controller who is highly motivated and up for a challenge. Reporting to the Executive Assistant this role is a central function, responsible for the timely, accurate and efficient preparation, sorting, storing and management of all Company documents. Maintaining compliance, whilst updating and distributing electronic and hard copy documentation the throughout organisation as required and within required time frames.
The core accountabilities of the position are:
- Control the numbering, sorting, filing, storing and retrieval of both electronic and hard copy documents produced by technical teams, projects and departments;
- Store project data through the project life cycle to ensure all data is safe and secured to hand over to operation at project completion;
- Ensure compliance with Company, external standards, and Document Management and Control guidance;
- Provide best practice knowledge in managing and processing document management;
- Provide a quality assurance function to the team in terms of accuracy and company standards in relation to document management and control processes and systems;
- Liaise with document controllers and other stakeholders to ensure consistent principles are applied with the proper classification and identification of information;
- Provide guidance and support to project teams in all document management and control best practices;
- Implement the required security model based on the stakeholder model;
Engage with external stakeholders to ensure compliance to Company processes and procedures;
- Process all documentation received and manage client packages in accordance with document control procedures ensuring control, integrity and accuracy of information;
- Issue documentation for review and approval and expedite overdue project data;
- Liaise with stakeholders to ensure correct document control submission procedures are implemented and have been maintained;
- Work with the project management team to support the management of project deliverables;
- Review and update technical documents (e.g. manuals and workflows);
- Distribute project related copies to internal teams;
- File documents and coordinate storage;
- Assist in the development of document control processes and templates for future use;
- Maintain an efficient project-related document control register;
- Manage revision control of documentation;
- Compile document control close out checklists for commissioning hand over and compile project close out reports;
- Prepare adhoc reports on projects as needed;
- Assist project managers and senior management with adhoc tasks as required.
With an high level of attention to detail and accuracy you will be extremely well organised, innovative and creative in your document control approach. A good listener who is honest and works autonomously with little management and the ability to know what needs to be done and how. A real people person with fantastic written and verbal skills and the ability to build relationships.
To be successful you will possess:
- 8+ years’ experience in a document control role working on large projects
- National Police Clearance
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment and meeting strict deadlines
- Interest in Document Control function, and ability to quickly pick up systems and processes
- Mining industry project experience and knowledge
- Previous exposure to Document Control duties/tasks
- Experience in managing Document Control systems and processes
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced work environment
- Experience working at/supporting a remote project site
- Broad understanding of project management tools and processes
- Knowledge of Document Management Project based software tools and systems
- Cert in Document Control or IT
- SAP/Pronto systems experience
Magnetic People and our clients understand and are committed to creating diverse teams, we strongly encourage Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply.
If you feel you have the experience, skills and attributes to take this great challenge on then please apply now. Opportunity awaits.