Website Mining Industry - Exploration
Our client is an advanced Australian Gold Explorer, who have tenements in the Pilbara with arguably some of the most exciting gold discoveries recently. The company is undertaking major drilling programs, with a strategic growth strategy to increase current gold resources, extend known deposits and make large new discoveries. The key values of the company are Safety, People, Environment and Governance.
We are seeking to engage with a driven and proactive Payroll Officer who is highly motivated and up for a challenge. Reporting to the Financial Accountant this role is responsible for ensuring all payroll transactions are processed efficiently and any queries and discrepancies are actioned and responded to in a timely manner. As requested, you may also support the finance team with other finance related functions including but not limited to internal and external audits.
The core accountabilities of the position are:
- High volume data entry, validation and data cleansing
Processing salaries and standard allowances, Change of Conditions, terminations and incentive payments.
- Ensure compliance with relevant Federal and State legislation
Administration and reconciliation of employee leave entitlements as well as employee deductions including payments to external parties
- Responding to employee, senior staff and external queries in an efficient and timely manner.
- Administration of employee superannuation in accordance with relevant legislation including remittance via web portal
- Ensuring all employee information is kept up-to-date and current in SAP as well as on the employee’s personnel file
- Maintaining confidentiality of payroll data with respect to privacy legislation
- Must be able to interpreted Awards
- General filing
- Ensuring all timesheets, payroll adjustments and records are accurate and processed in a timely manner
- Provision of accurate and timely processing of company’s payroll
- Calculating termination and redundancy payments as required
- Calculating annual leave and LSL provisions/accruals
- Collecting, calculating, and entering data in order to maintain and update payroll information
- Compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and non-taxable wages and reporting on this
- Resolving payroll discrepancies
- Maintaining payroll operations by following policies and procedures
- Developing ad hoc financial and operational reporting as needed
With an high level of attention to detail and accuracy you will also have the ability to think on your feet, problem solve and meet tight deadlines. Have fantastic time management and both written and verbal communication skills. A polite phone manner when dealing with suppliers and confident in your approach. Reliable and able to work autonomously as well a be a team player.
To be successful you will possess:
- Previous demonstrated experience in a similar Payroll Officer role with high volume data entry and validation
- Previous experience with SAP or Pronto
- Intermediate – advanced MS Excel skills
- National Police Clearance
- Demonstrated commitment of excellent client service, confidentiality & continuous improvement
- Demonstrated end to end payroll experience
- Experience setting up new employees as required
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment and meeting strict deadlines
- Previous experience in the Mining Industry / Resourcing Sector
Cert III in Business or Financial Services
Magnetic People and our clients understand and are committed to creating diverse teams, we strongly encourage Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply.
If you feel you have the experience, skills and attributes to take this great challenge on then please apply now. Opportunity awaits.