Website Momentum Engineering
- Growing and high performing multidiscipline engineering professional Consultancy
- Critical position providing technical engineering expertise
- Oil & Gas industry
Our client, Momentum Engineering, is an independent Australian owned and operated company providing flexible, practical and efficient Engineering Consulting and Project Management Services to the Energy and Resource Sector. Prided by their ability to provide first class services to their blue-chip clientele on the planning, development and delivery of new projects, and the optimisation, modification, operation and maintenance of existing facilities for both offshore and onshore Projects.
Momentum Engineering boasts a highly engaged workforce, offering regular social events, sponsored wellness events and encourages flexible work hours. Their teams consist of high performing, diverse professionals, operating in a flexible, autonomous, trusting and very down to earth environment. Due to rapid growth, they are search of an experienced Structural Engineer to join their team.
We are seeking an experienced Structural Engineer to fill a critical position within the Momentum Engineering Consultancy. Reporting to the Lead Engineer, your main responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Provide general structural, marine and offshore engineering support and assurance for offshore facilities;
- Preparing design calculations and analysis as requested by the Lead Engineer;
- Checking and marking up drawings;
- Interface with the client as required;
- Willingness to participate in some project engineering tasks, including but not limited to – client meetings, preparing Cost/Time/Resource estimates, preparing progress reports for clients, managing budgets and schedules for individual tasks, preparing Scope of Work documents;
- Address fabrication and site queries as required;
- Writing technical reports summarising designs or findings of site visits;
- Visiting client offshore facilities as required by projects (training will be provided);
- Supporting Senior Engineers in visiting third party facilities (eg. Fabrication yard) as required by projects;
- Communicating progress, schedule estimates and issues relating to your work to your Supervisor;
- Providing input to the Design (Drafting) team; and
- Be familiar with Australian Standard, AISC, DNV, ISO and other offshore codes and standards.
The Successful Candidate
You will be required to have a minimum of 5-10 years’ professional experience in the Oil and Gas industry, working in Structural Engineer roles on Brownfield and Greenfield projects and experience working as structural engineer in an engineering office. You will be self-motivated and proactive with a cooperative partnering approach to be successful in this multidiscipline team environment. An ability to conceptualise in 3D and a basic understanding of how to read 2D drawings. Proficiency in Spacegass and/or STAAD as well as Microsoft Excel and Word.
If you have a strong work ethic, problem-solving skills and technical ability, impressive attention to detail, the ability to work autonomously, maintain your own time, work within allocated hours and schedules, have excellent written and verbal communication skills and are a trusted team player, then this could be the role for you! In return, you will be offered a highly competitive salary, working in central Perth offices with a reputable Consultancy in a high performing team.
Magnetic People and Momentum Engineering understand and are committed to creating diverse teams, we strongly encourage Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply.
To apply go to www.magneticpeople.com.au/search