- Safety Behavioural Leadership Role
- Major Company Growth
- Perth based opportunity with site travel
Our client is an advanced Australian Gold Explorer, who have tenements in the Pilbara with arguably some of the most exciting gold discoveries recently. The company is undertaking major drilling programs, with a strategic growth strategy to increase current gold resources, extend known deposits and make large new discoveries. The key values of the company are Safety, People, Environment and Governance.
We are looking to engage with a highly experienced Health & Safety Superintendent to report to the corporate Manager Risk, Health Safety and Environment. This newly created role is to ensure the safety system is fit for purpose, exceeds relevant regulatory requirements and best practice standards, and delivers practical and effective health and safety outcomes.
Key Accountabilities will include:
- Demonstrate visible safety leadership across all levels and operations of the company
- Setting direction and leading the broader team, including leading by example consistent with company values and actively promoting the development of proactive safety behaviours
- Develop, implement, maintain and review the company’s operational risk, health and safety systems, policies, procedures and guidelines in accordance with legislative requirements, and internal and external standards and codes of practice
- Ensure the company has, and maintains, robust monitoring and measuring systems to accurately gauge the effectiveness of its safety management processes
- Provide expert advice to all levels of the company on operational risk, health, hygiene and safety matters
- Actively manage risk, health and safety compliance for all company facilities, equipment, employees, contractors and visitors
- Develop, implement, maintain, practice and review all operational emergency plans
- Ensure incidents are competently investigated, and corrective preventative actions are clearly identified and implemented
- Prepare regular reports on the status of operational risk, health, hygiene and safety management and improvement actions
You will be a natural leader, able to adapt your communication style to your audience, with highly effective written and verbal communication skills and the ability to inspire trust and confidence at all levels, accompanied with a well-developed understanding of risk management processes and an ability to make sound, risk based, decisions.
Have a proven record of implementing, maintaining and improving safety management systems, an in-depth knowledge of relevant legislation, codes of practice and relevant standards, the ability to draft comprehensive plans and procedures that meet the requirements and ongoing growth of the company, and demonstrated experience with the development, monitoring and measurement of relevant metrics.
To be successful, you will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent)
- Minimum of 10 years demonstrated experience in a similar Health and Safety leadership role, partnering with key stakeholders, resulting in the development and implementation of effective Heath and Safety strategies
- Demonstrated capability to fulfill the people, technical and scheduling accountabilities of the role
- Well developed understanding of legislation, standards and codes of practice applicable to the mining industry
- Demonstrated experience with the development and implementation of safety and risk management systems and processes
Magnetic People and our clients understand and are committed to creating diverse teams, we strongly encourage Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply.
If you feel you have the experience, skills and attributes to take this great challenge on then please apply now.