- Exciting Advanced Gold Explorer
- Major Company Growth
- FIFO from Perth or DIDO from Pt Hedland or Karratha
Our client is an advanced Australian Gold Explorer, who have tenements in the Pilbara with arguably some of the most exciting gold discoveries recently. The company is undertaking major drilling programs, with a strategic growth strategy to increase current gold resources, extend known deposits and make large new discoveries. The key values of the company are Safety, People, Environment and Governance.
We are seeking to engage with highly experienced Senior Geologist’s to join the team. We are looking for highly motivated professionals who are up for a challenge and want to be part of this exciting, advanced Gold Explorer. You will be organised and have a desire to work within a “can do” environment. Reporting to the Geology Superintendent you will work in a close site-based team in an efficient and safe manner leading the drill programs and other exploration tasks.
The core accountabilities of the position are:
- Support the Geology Superintendent by reporting with timely, relevant, comprehensive geological information for review and decision-making responsibilities
- Interpretation of geological, geophysical and geochemical data in order to generate new targets
- Produce field maps and other data to support exploration planning
- Develop drill programs and targeting strategy and assist with ranking of new targets
- Contributing to work programs seeking to increase resources and discover new deposits
- Execute exploration plans
- Geological logging of core and chips
- Oversee sampling crews in data collection and collation and conduct analysis and interpretation of that data
- Ensuring data is correct and accurately collected and stored
- Assist with the development of exploration budgets and plans
- Ensure all exploration activities comply with relevant Acts, legal requirements, ethical standards and policies and procedures
- Provide active leadership and direction to Junior Geological and Field Support personnel
With an eye for detail and ability to think outside the box you will be passionate, willing, confident, and up for a challenge. Efficient, organised and determined to exceed expectations. A team player with highly effective written and verbal communication skills and excellent attitude towards safety.
To be successful you will possess:
- Bachelor of Science Degree from recognised University
- Relevant skills and experience in gold and or base metals exploration
Magnetic People and our clients understand and are committed to creating diverse teams, we therefore strongly encourage Women to apply.
If you feel you have the experience, skills and attributes to take this great challenge on then please apply now.