- Based in Welshpool
- Growing and dynamic team
- Opportunity for Career Progression
Our client is a metal fabrication workshop located in Welshpool. The company provides pressing, rolling and fabrication services to industries throughout Western Australia including oil and gas and mining, marine and construction.
The team has recently relocated to a new facility with a 2,700m2 workshop, 400m2 of modern office space and over 10,000m2 of hardstand and yard.
To accommodate their rapidly expanding operation, we are looking for an enthusiastic person to join the team in a full time Fabrication Estimator role.
In this varied role you will be responsible for all phases of the job – from initial customer contact, estimating, design and submission of quotes, through to procurement, job expediting, liaising with suppliers and the Production Manager to drive each job through to completion.
Your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Review of client RFQ’s and interpretation/clarification of design requirements.
- Liaising & negotiating with customers over the phone.
- Determining machinery, material and labour requirements to complete the job.
- Liaising with suppliers to source material costs.
- Writing up job cards and preparing CAD drawings for the workshop.
- Preparing detailed estimates.
- Quote sign off and submission.
- Job analysis and review.
- Local site visits to measure up items for repair as necessary.
Reporting to the Sales Manager you will possess the following key skills and attributes:
- An unwavering approach to safety.
- Strong estimating background, with a minimum of 2 years’ previous estimating experience within the steel industry in a jobbing shop environment.
- An Engineering Degree or a Steel Trade qualification (or equivalent experience in pressing/rolling and/or fabrication).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and be fluent in the English language.
- Highly developed interpersonal, negotiating and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong organisational and time management skills as well as impeccable attention to detail.
- Strong software skills using CAD and/or Solidworks, Excel, Word, Access and Outlook.
- A focus on driving outcomes to achieve the company standards in regard to Safety, Teamwork, Quality, Productivity and Profitability.
- Our client’s organisation has a positive and pro-active working environment and they are seeking someone who has a similar mindset. They are looking for someone who can show initiative and has a can-do approach, who is friendly and well presented.
Magnetic People and our clients understand and are committed to creating diverse teams, we strongly encourage Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply.
Is this you??
If you feel you have the skills, attributes and experience and want to join a great team then please apply now by sending your resume to email@example.com.