As part of our compliance with the Australian Privacy Principles in Australia Magnetic People Pty Ltd (Magnetic People) requests you read the following information regarding how we collect your personal and sensitive information and how we maintain, use, store and disclose your personal and sensitive information in connection with your possible or actual work placements. Submitting your application to any advertised roles indicates your acceptance and understanding of this information.
In relation to personal information you submit on-line when registering or making an application for employment with Magnetic People, Magnetic People may rely on the related companies and employee records exemptions in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
Collection, Use and Disclosure
By making an on-line application for a position with Magnetic People, you will be voluntarily supplying personal information (which may include health and sensitive information) about you. Magnetic People may also ask you for other information such as information on your professional interests and the roles that you are interested in.
Magnetic People will use the personal information you supply, and any other information collected about you for the purpose of:
- Assessing your application for actual or possible employment or work placements
- Career guidance or management
- Any test or assessments that you might be required to undergo
- Informing you of possible work opportunities or other events such as training, networking or information sessions
- For research, development, business systems and infrastructure testing and other business purposes to assist Magnetic People providing our services to you
Unless otherwise required or authorised by law, any personal information obtained by Magnetic People will only be used or disclosed for the aforementioned purposes to:
- Magnetic People employees
- Your potential and actual employers
- Clients of Magnetic People
- Your referees
- Third party service providers for the purposes of assisting Magnetic People provide you with our services, and/or to improve the services we offer you including (a) assisting with employment testing and assessments (including medical testing and assessments) (b) providing us with specialised and efficient database management, development and storage and, (c) assisting with the provision of marketing communications to you
- Our insurers
- Any person with a lawful entitlement to obtain the information
Magnetic People’s employees, clients and third party service providers will be bound by similar privacy obligations.
Personal information revealing ethnic or racial origin, political opinions and memberships, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union or professional association membership, sexual preferences or practices, criminal record or details of health or genetic information are sensitive in nature. Magnetic People does not wish to collect or process sensitive personal information unless it is relevant to your application for employment and except as necessary to comply with applicable laws and regulations. Therefore, please carefully assess the necessity of disclosing any sensitive information before you communicate such information to Magnetic People.
Magnetic People will take reasonable steps to protect personal information held from misuse, loss and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Personal information no longer required will be destroyed or made permanently unidentifiable as far as permissible by law.
By providing information about you or submitting an application for employment, you are agreeing to Magnetic People collecting, retaining, disclosing and transferring your information as described in this Privacy Statement.
By registering your application, you are certifying that the information you provide to Magnetic People is correct and truthful.
No Guarantee of Employment
Acceptance of registration of your application and resume or receipt of information by Magnetic People does not constitute an undertaking to guarantee a work placement, make an offer of employment nor an undertaking to employ you.